To provide various avenues for disadvantaged families to improve and develop economically, spiritually and socially
This service is spearheaded by MUIS Social Development Unit (SEMC) has been developed to create a more holistic assistance scheme, where FD will extend its assistance to the
Low-Income and Disadvantaged Families enlisted under MUIS Financial Assistance Scheme. The recipients are living in the Marine Parade and Dakota / Kallang areas.
It conducts relevant developmental programmes and talks/ workshops that focus on better spiritual understanding and practice. It also provides an avenue to assist clients and their families in searching for opportunities to elevate their economic status.
Among the programmes in the pipeline are:
· Financial Assistance Case Management
· Religious Education – Fardhu Ain & Solat, Islam Itu Mudah, Islam & Aku
· Motivational Talk/Workshop – Strengthening Families Module, Keluarga Bahagia, Bengkel Modul Pengukuhan Keluarga, Kesihatan Mental, Keganasan Keluarga
· Financial and Budgeting Workshop - Money Wise, Bengkel Kewangan
· Social and Recreational Activities – Hari Keluarga, Sesi Riadah Bersama Keluarga
· Outreach & Befriending Programme
Outreach and Befriending Programme is an attempt to reach out to the needy living in Marine Parade and Dakota Kallang areas. It aims to reach out to families facing multiple and entrenched problems and help them to turn their lives around. The roles of the befrienders are to offer support, comfort, encouragement and friendship to the family. This moral support, will help the family build their self esteem, find hope and strength in their trying moments. Home visits are made by volunteers to befriend and encourage them to participate in MUIS/SEMC and mosque activities.